The 1995 sleeper hit “Clueless” turns 20 on July 21, and everyone is, understandably, wiggin’ out. Since it’s obviously the perfect time to dust off your VHS tape and schedule a screening with your equally popular and fashion-forward friends, we’ve rounded up the best throwback pieces, director interviews and 90s slang decoders on the web to help you prepare. You’re welcome.
• Two decades is a long time to be on top. Rolling Stone breaks down exactly why the 90s film is a certifiable cult classic.
• If you’re buggin’ over what the heck “buggin'” even means, Glamour created an alphabetized glossary of “Clueless” slang.
• Wondering where the inspiration for Cher’s iconic yellow plaid ensemble came from? Costume director Mona May spoke to Vanity Fair about everything from knee socks to fake fur to, you guessed it, plaid.
• You might think you know everything there is to know about the flick, but give The Hollywood Reporter’s interview with director Amy Heckerling a read – she reveals ten set secrets you probably didn’t know.
• What ever happened to the “Clueless” cast, anyway? The Hollywood Reporter has you covered there too with a photo gallery of the stars then and now.
• As for the future, Heckerling told Time that a musical version of “Clueless” is in the works. We’re, like, way excited.